Posted By Relishing Life on August 16, 2010
When was the last time you did something special for someone just because you love them? It is so easy for me to take my husband for granted. His presence becomes just part of the scenery at home more often than I wish to admit. I love my husband dearly and want him to know just how important he is to me – not just because he provides to well for our family, but because he is the wonderful man that I love and want to spend the rest of my life with.
Here are some of the ways I am going to try to show my love just how much I love him:
- Make him his favorite treat just because. He loves chocolate chip cookies!
- Set aside uninterrupted time to spend with him in the evening instead of pursuing my own interests to let him know that he is important to me. More often than not, once we get the kids in bed, we tend to migrate to our own activities until we go to bed. We rarely make the time to reconnect with each other on a regular basis like we need to.
- Complete his chores for him. Even if it is a simple as bringing the trash bins in from the street after refuge and recycling has run, it make his day that much easier.
- Write him a love letter telling him why I love him – not just that I love him. Everyone needs validation from time to time, and what a great way to share the wonderful way he makes me feel than to reaffirm all of the wonderful qualities he possesses. This is a gift that will keep on giving as he can read it any time that the wants a pick-me-up.
- Show him that I want him, not just need him. Cheap Trick expressed how we all feel so well – “I want you to want me. I need you to need me. I’d love you to love me.” I want him to know that I choose him day after day because he is the man that I love and want, not just my best friend.
What special things do you do for your husband? I would love more ideas to help DH feel how special and loved he is!
This post is linked to Make Your Home Sing Monday.